Download The UPCAT Reviewer – Compiled UPCAT Questions Now!
The success of our UPCAT reviewees for the past years fully exceeded our expectations. So the Review Masters Team wants to give you a hint of one of our past students' secret of success...
We invite you to download our compilation of UPCAT Questions. Released exclusively along with the launching of our greatly-improved, highly-interactive website and available for FREE to help you prepare for college entrance exams.
With over 200 multiple-choice items, covering the most-commonly asked questions in the UPCAT through the years, these UPCAT reviewers would give you the edge once you are able to study, review and practice ALL the items with tenacity.
UPCAT Reviewer – Compiled UPCAT Questions key features:
Click on the share buttons to reveal the download links.
...or wait for the timer to run out.
To open the compilation, your computer must have Adobe Reader installed.
*Disclaimer: Review Masters does not claim that this questions were taken from the actual UPCAT. These questions however are based on student feedback on previous UPCAT exams and have been modified for better understanding. It is by no means a guarantee that the same item will appear in the next UPCAT
Create a FREE Online Review account!
UPCAT Math Coverage
- Arithmetic and Number Sense
- Order of operations
- Fractions, decimals, percents
- Signed Numbers
- Algebraic Expressions
- Equations and Inequalities
- Quadratic Equations
- Systems of Equation
- Functions and Relations
- Fractions and Rational Functions
- Cartesian Coordinate System (Graphing)
- Word Problems
- Exponents and Logarithms
- Sets and Set Notation
- Complex Numbers
- Sequences and Series
- Reasoning and Logic
- Definitions, Postulates and Theorems
- Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
- Triangle Postulates and Theorems (ASA, SSS, etc.)
- Quadrilaterals and Other Polygons
- Area and Volume
- Basic Trigonometric Functions
- Basic Identities
- Measures of Central Tendencies (mean, median, mode)
- Measures of Spread (variance, standard deviation, percentiles)
- Counting, Permutation and Combination
UPCAT Math Tips
- Strengthen and polish your basics. A solid foundation on the basics of the fundamentals of mathematics is your key to passing the Math part of the UPCAT. All other topics that are covered will need the basics on math. So before getting into more complicated topics like calculus and trigonometry, focus on the basics.
- Study the basics of trigonometry ratios. aIt would be best to study the basic trigonometric ratios and its applications as UPCAT is known to throw in some trigonometry questions.
- Calculators are not allowed during the exam. That means YOU are your calculator. It’s best if you brush up on your manual and mental computation skills. There are a lot of learning resources out there that you can choose from. This PDF copy of Speed Math for Kids might be able to help
- Supplement your review with other math learning resources. You can check out channels like PatrickJMT and KhanAcademy. There are also a handful of tutorials from other authors on Youtube.
- Master calculating fractions, decimals and percents. This is also a key area that you should focus on. Study on how to masterfully apply the basic mathematical operations on fractions and you will go a long way. Believe us. You’ll thank us later.
- Keep practicing. The best way to see if you are ready to take the actual UPCAT is to keep taking practice tests and find out where you’re having a hard time so you can focus on getting better on those topics.
- The UPCAT has NO Filipino questions. Aside from becoming good in computations, you should also practice your English comprehension skills to understand word problems better.
- Internalize & analyze, NOT memorize. Lastly, we all know mathematics is riddled with tons of formulas. It would take years if you wanted to ‘memorize’ all of them. The secret here not to memorize the formulas, but to internalize them and understand what they’re for and what they do. When you understand that, the formula will naturally come to you because you understand how it’s supposed to work.
UPCAT Science Coverage
- Earth Science and Astronomy
- Rocks and Minerals
- The Layers of the Earth and its Composition
- Land Formations and Bodies of Water
- Plate Tectonics
- Earthquakes, Volcanoes
- Climate, Weather and the Atmosphere
- The Ecosystem
- Biogeochemical Cycles
- Plants and Photosynthesis
- Animal Biology
- Cell Biology
- Genetics and Heredity
- Human Anatomy
- Precision and Accuracy
- Conversion of Units
- Elements, Compounds and Mixtures
- States of Matter
- The Periodic Table
- Electronic Configuration and the Quantum Numbers
- Nuclear Reactions
- Chemical Reactions
- Gas Laws
- Redox Reactions
- Basic Organic Chemistry
- Scalar and Vector Quantities
- Laws of Motion
- Relative Velocities
- Work, Energy and Power
- Fluid Mechanics
- Light, Sound and Waves
- Electricity and Magnetism
UPCAT Science Tips
- Use flashcards. An effective way to remember key terms, concepts, and even formulas is to use flashcards when reviewing. They can easily be downloaded online or you could create your own.
- Internalize. Similar to mathematics, key to being effective is not to memorize but to internalize. Understand the concepts and its terms, understand how and where they are applied, and understand their effects. That is the best and fastest way to review them.
- Practice computations in science topics. When mathematics is also involved like physics and chemistry, doing practice tests with the computations will also greatly help you in preparing for the actual test.
- Always try to challenge yourself. When you’re confident with the simpler problems already, challenge yourself and try out the more complicated problems so you can be confident at solving them too.
Language Proficiency Reviewer
UPCAT Language Proficiency Coverage
- Word Meanings
- Confusing Words
- Parts of Speech
- Correct Usage
- Subject-verb Agreement
- Sentence Construction/Fragment Sequencing
- Finding Errors/Sentence Correction
- Voice (active and passive)
UPCAT Language Proficiency Tips
- Sharp vocabulary and grammar skills is the key to acing the language proficiency subtest. An effective way to hone these skills is by reading professionally written materials such as journals, books, magazines, and academic articles.
- It is best to avoid poorly written editorials or blogs as though they may have decent and understandable content, they tend to skew your understanding of proper grammar and vocabulary.
- Another good practice is to write in complete words and sentences when sending text messages, emails, chats, and even when writing comments on social media. This will help you a lot in getting accustomed to using properly structured sentences.
- The dictionary is your best friend. It’s best to learn a new word everyday. Here’s another reference you can use to learn new words that are most likely to appear in the test so be sure to check it out here.
- If you want to improve your english proficiency, we advised that you refrain from watching Tagalized shows for the duration of your review until after the test. Watch informative shows that are in full english instead. This will help you be more familiar with the language.
- Guessing the meaning of the word is actually possible, even if you don’t have a dictionary or a thesaurus with you. You can do this by using context clues. Example: "The wounded soldier languished in pain as there was no nearby medical team to aid him." You would infer that the meaning of the word "languish" is to be forced to remain in an unpleasant state.
- Word games will definitely help you in expanding your vocabulary and understanding of the words, and also your logical thinking. This means playing word games like Scrabble, Word Factory, or even Boggle during your downtime can help you a lot in preparing for the test.
- Learn how to guess the meaning of a word by looking at the root word, and then looking at the prefix or suffix. Example: “Circum” is a Latin word which means “around” so English words that originated from it like circumference, circus, and circuit all have that sense of going around.
- Practice communication using the language. Both speaking and writing in english will drastically help you improve your mastery of the language. What better way to learn it that to put it into action, right? Practice on writing essays, editing blogs and articles, or better yet, start your own. Do everything to improve your language proficiency because it is one competency that you will need 24/7 not just for the UPCAT or in UP but even in the real world after that
Reading Comprehension Reviewer
UPCAT Reading Comprehension Coverage
The Reading Comprehension subtest of the UPCAT is comprised of different written materials, as well as diagrams and figures, which measures the level of understanding and analysis of the student.
This subtest may include the following:
- Getting the Main Idea/Topic Sentence
- Appropriate Title of Selection
- Short stories
- Comic Strips
- Graphs and Other Diagrams
- Figures of Speech (simile, metaphors, etc.)
- Author’s Point of View
- Meaning Through Context Clues
- Drawing Conclusions
- Fact and Opinion
UPCAT Reading Comprehension Tips
- Read the questions first before passages. Reading all the stories and passages given during the test from start to finish will be impossible to do in under 30-40 minutes, especially if you will be answer questions after. One good technique to overcome this is to go straight into reading the questions. This way, you know what you’re looking for and you can use clues to find the answers in the story or passage.
- Practice reading fast while maintaining full comprehension of what you’re reading. This may sound hard, but you just have to keep on doing it until you master the art of skimming and scanning so you can understand important information without having to read a entire blocks of text.